Lenbrook isn’t just another job — it’s a career. For more than 40 years we’ve been a leader in developing premium consumer and commercial audio brands, a distributor of specialty consumer electronics and commercial communications channels and a business developer around new wireless technology platforms. Lenbrook believes in rewarding outstanding work, developing employees’ careers and building long-term relationships with our customers. It’s fun, supportive, competitive and a great place to grow your career.
At our Pickering location we are looking for a Technical Writer to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, manuals, references, or instructions. This candidate should have strong communication skills which enable them to explain complicated concepts in a simple manner.
The ideal applicant will be someone with a strong technical ability specifically with consumer grade home audio electronics, and patience dealing directly with non-technical end-customers. They should be able to successfully balance a high volume of tasks within tight deadlines. They will be
analytical with a strong technical aptitude to grasp complex technologies. Home network and streaming technology for the consumer market is a definite asset.
A day in the life:
• Research, develop, generate, and revise technical documents and documentation, including online knowledge base articles, according to established standards.
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt technology, tools, and processes in a fast-paced environment.
• Work with technical resources to improve document quality and usability.
• Ability to exercise judgment, within defined procedures and practices, to determine appropriate job actions.
• Ability to identify the moderately complex information needs of a target audience and organize and develop documentation plan that addresses those needs.
• Contribute to initiatives that help improve content quality and usability.
• Successful completion of several writing projects.
• Report failures and trends to product development staff, for resolving problems.
• Monitor and maintain technical issues in an existing database to track progress and accumulate knowledge base of new technology.
• Diagnoses streaming device problems and coordinates the warranty replacement or part replacement.
• Evaluate field test samples.
What you bring to the team:
• Degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
• Experience in using XML based authoring tools.
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of MS Word.
• Fluent in MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
• Excellent verbal communication ability in a professional environment.
• Outstanding written communication ability in a consumer facing environment.
• Experience working in agile rapid development methodologies.
• Strong technical aptitude to grasp complex technologies.
• Solid track record of helping novice technology users understand and enjoy new technology in an end-customer facing environment.
• Experience with consumer electronics or professional audio equipment.
• Empathetic understanding of non-technical consumers when dealing with technology issues.
• Understand the importance of confidentiality in new product development.
• Passionate and driven toward product reliability and quality.
Nice to haves:
• Ability to read and understand electronic schematic layouts.
• Familiarity with website content management.
• Experience with streaming media, internet radio and emerging audio cloud service technologies.
• Experience with consumer facing environments such as retail or call centre environments.
We’ve got you covered:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage, vacation time and more.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can submit current resumes directly to email@example.com. Please provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Selected applicants may receive written correspondence with respect to this job posting, directly to the provided email address.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and Lenbrook’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please make any such needs known in advance.