Lenbrook International is on an incredible journey – to bring high resolution audio to every household through meaningful technological innovations and beautifully designed products. For over 40 years, our brands NAD (NADelectronics.com) and PSB (PSBspeakers.com) have been leaders in high-end audio, and have been turning the wireless, multi-room audio streaming market on its head with Bluesound (Bluesound.com). The backbone of supporting all of these brands is our world class BluOS Platform which we have developed for more than 10 years.
Lenbrook is looking for a Senior iOS Software Developer to build and improve the Control Apps for our advanced High Definition Audio streaming media devices running our own proprietary BluOS system. The ideal applicant would enjoy the opportunity and challenge of developing sophisticated and reliable applications, with fantastic ease-of-use within the highly competitive consumer electronics market. This position reports directly to the BluOS Platform Manager. This role is hybrid.
A Day in the Life:
- Working with the design team to build and support a modern user interface.
- Add new features for new product, providing research and input on best options from an iOS app perspective.
- Testing and Improving interactions between BluOS product and iOS app, any music lovers dream!
- Participate in code reviews.
- Provide updates and communicate with other software developers and Quality Assurance.
- Other related duties as required.
What You Bring to the Team:
- 6+ years experience in building iOS apps in a professional environment and able to reference published apps.
- In depth knowledge and/or experience with Objective-C and Swift.
- Solid understanding of both network and multithreaded applications.
- Experience with custom view creation from code and Auto Layout.
- Experience with XCTest, XCode instruments, and Git.
- Experience with architecture patterns like POP, MVC and observer, and native UI, UIKit and cocoa touch.
- Understanding of IT Standards, UX Design, Accessibility, Agile Methodologies.
- Comfortable with collective code ownership.
- Degree or diploma in a related field or demonstrated learning experience.
- Awareness of contemporary industry trends in technology, performance, and software development tooling & practice.
- Experience making difficult technical decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills, targeting both technical and non-technical audiences and including documentation writing.
- Strong multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Good sense of humour.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can submit current resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate position title in the subject line and provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Selected applicants may receive written correspondence with respect to this job posting, directly to the provided email address.
We’ve got you covered:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage, vacation time and more.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and Lenbrook’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please make any such needs known in advance.
Thank you to all applicants. We will contact only those selected for an interview.