Lenbrook isn’t just another job — it’s a career. For more than 40 years we’ve been a leader in developing premium consumer and commercial audio brands, a distributor into specialty consumer electronics and commercial communications channels and a business developer around new wireless technology platforms. Lenbrook believes in rewarding outstanding work, developing employees’ careers and building long-term relationships with our customers. It’s fun, supportive, competitive and a great place to grow your career.
At our Pickering location we are looking for an iOS Developer who is enthusiastic and can think inside and outside of the box. The successful candidate will join our dynamic International team and will have the exciting opportunity to contribute to our industry-leading consumer audio-visual hardware and software products. They will have a demonstrated love of learning new software, be highly self motivated, driven and personable. The position will be responsible for iOS app development.
A Day in the Life:
- Working with the design team to build and support a modern user interface.
- Add new features for new product, providing research and input on best options from an iOS app perspective.
- Testing and Improving interactions between BluOS product and iOS app, any music lovers dream!
- Participate in code reviews.
- Provide updates and communicate with other software developers and Quality Assurance.
- Other related duties as required.
What You Bring to the Team:
- 5+ years experience in building iOS apps in a professional environment.
- In depth knowledge and/or experience with Objective-C and Swift.
- Solid understanding of both network and multithreaded applications.
- Experience with custom view creation from code and Auto Layout.
- Experience with XCTest, XCode instruments, and Git.
- Experience with architecture patterns like POP, MVC and observer, and native UI, UIKit and cocoa touch.
- Understanding of IT Standards, UX Design, Accessibility, Agile Methodologies.
- Comfortable with collective code ownership.
- Degree or diploma in a related field or demonstrated learning experience.
- Awareness of contemporary industry trends in technology, performance, and software development tooling & practice.
- Experience making difficult technical decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills, targeting both technical and non-technical audiences and including documentation writing.
- Strong multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Good sense of humour.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can submit current resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate position title in the subject line. Please provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Selected applicants will receive written correspondence with respect to this job posting, directly to the provided email address.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and Lenbrook’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please make any such needs known in advance. This job description is subject to change at the discretion of Management.