Lenbrook isn’t just another job — it’s a career. For more than 40 years we’ve been a leader in developing premium consumer and commercial audio brands, a distributor of specialty consumer electronics and commercial communications channels and a business developer around new wireless technology platforms. Lenbrook believes in rewarding outstanding work, developing employees’ careers and building long-term relationships with our customers. It’s fun, supportive, competitive and a great place to grow your career.
This exciting career opportunity requires a technology support professional to help new customers enjoy premium consumer electronics products. This Pickering based position requires experienced hands-on technical ability with consumer grade home audio electronics, and patience dealing directly with non-technical end-customers. Home network and streaming technology for the consumer market is a definite asset.
A day in the life:
- Analyze, install, configure, deploy and test 2 channel amplifiers, audio-video receivers, media devices & peripherals.
- Provide guidance and training to customers in resolving problems and queries.
- Help Desk support acting as first point of contact in all aspects of home audio.
- Report failures and trends to product development staff, for resolving problems.
- Maintain the operational integrity of existing environments and components in conjunction with members of the server management team.
- Monitor and maintain technical issues in an existing database to track progress and accumulate knowledge base of new technology
- Create and update technical and user documentation including online knowledge base articles.
- Diagnoses device problems and coordinate the warranty replacement or part replacement.
- Provide courteous, friendly and professional customer support when dealing consumer facing assistance
- Willingness to work flexible hours such as shift work or provide on-call/afterhours support when required.
- Evaluate field test samples.
What you bring to the team:
- Technical degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Experience with consumer electronics or professional audio equipment
- Experience with supporting end-customers across common consumer grade audio products
- Solid track record of helping novice consumers both understand and enjoy new technology
- Experience with streaming media, internet radio and emerging audio cloud service technologies
- Experience with troubleshooting and testing appliance firmware
- Experience with Excel (or Numbers) and PowerPoint (or Keynote)
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability in a professional environment
- Empathetic understanding of non-technical consumers when dealing with technology issues.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality in new product development
- Knowledge of digital audio formats: AAC, WMA, WMA-L, FLAC, ALAC, MP3
- Passionate and driven toward product reliability and quality
- Demonstrated ability to setup and maintain computer hardware and wireless networks
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Linux
- Ability to read and understand electronic schematic layouts
- Familiarity with Zendesk Help Center software
We’ve got you covered:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage, vacation time and more.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can submit current resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Please provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Selected applicants may receive written correspondence with respect to this job posting, directly to the provided email address.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and Lenbrook’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please make any such needs known in advance.
Thank you to all applicants. We will contact only those selected for an interview.