Lenbrook isn’t just another job — it’s a career. For more than 40 years, Lenbrook International has been on an incredible journey – to bring high resolution audio to every household through meaningful technological innovations and beautifully designed products. Our brands NAD (NADelectronics.com) and PSB (PSBspeakers.com) are leaders in high-end audio, more recently we have been turning the wireless, multi-room audio streaming market on its head with Bluesound (bluesound.com), Bluesound Professional (BluesoundProfessional.com), and BluOS (BluOS.net). Lenbrook believes in rewarding outstanding work, developing employees’ careers and building long-term relationships with our customers. Its fun, supportive, competitive and a great place to grow your career.
At our Pickering location we are looking for a Hardware Design Engineer to join our dynamic Hardware team. The successful candidates’ efforts will contribute directly to the quality of product design of innovative Audio electronics for Stereo amplifiers, Audio Video Receivers (AVRs) and High-Resolution Audio Network Streaming products. The ideal candidate will be highly self motivated, driven, and personable with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. This position is located at our Head office in Pickering, Ontario and reports directly to the Vice President, Product Development & Manufacturing.
- Create a detailed hardware product architecture and structured design from a defined Product requirements document.
- Conduct circuit requirements to create formal schematic design and validate design choices.
- Design of electronic circuits using suitable components, systems, and equipment.
- Prepare product operational documentation to support software development.
- Debugging complex embedded systems.
- Occasional domestic and overseas travel may be required.
- Other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic Engineering.
- Analog, Digital and Mixed Signal Circuits Analysis and simulation experience.
- Power supply design.
- Design of Audio Pre and Power Amplifiers.
- Design/implementation of A/D .and D/A Converters, Passive and Active Filters.
- Implementation of Microcontrollers, FPGA, DSP.
- Serial Communication (UART, SPI, I2C, USB, I2S, Ethernet).
- Schematic Entry using PADS, Altium Designer.
- Ability to manage time effectively to meet schedules .
- Good oral/written communication and interpersonal skills to support work in a team environment be motivated, versatile, and eager to learn.
- Experience of using test equipment (Digital oscilloscopes, DMM, etc) and basic soldering skills.
Nice to Have:
- PCB Layout knowledge.
- C, C++, Linux, programming knowledge would be an advantage.
- Familiarity and interest in relevant technologies for streaming media, Internet radio and music services.
- Knowledge of digital audio formats: AAC, WMA, WMA-L, FLAC, ALAC, MP3.
- Knowledge of HDMI, USB, DDR3, SATA, eSATA and SDIO, I2S, I2C and SPI.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can submit current resumes, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, Quoting Hardware Design Engineer in the subject line. Please provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Selected applicants may receive written correspondence with respect to this job posting, directly to the provided email address.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and Lenbrook’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please make any such needs known in advance. Thank you to all applicants. We will contact only those selected for an interview.