Lenbrook International is on an incredible journey – to bring high resolution audio to every household through meaningful technological innovations and beautifully designed products. For over 40 years, our brands NAD (NADelectronics.com) and PSB (PSBspeakers.com) have been leaders in high-end audio, and more recently we have been turning the wireless, multi-room audio streaming market on its head with Bluesound (bluesound.com) and Bluesound Professional (bluesoundprofessional.com).
As we continue to build global presence for our brands, we are in the market for a high-performance Full Stack Web Developer to drive great online experiences for our brands and our consumers. This position reports to the Marketing Operations Lead.
With direction from the Marketing Operations Lead and in collaboration with the Production Coordinator, the candidate will plan, design, and build efficient web tools to support our digital marketing and online sales activities.
- Build and expand features of our web-based e-commerce solutions (online stores, content websites, payment gateways, search service)
- Design, write, modify, integrate, and test code
- Keep up-to-date with best practices for maintaining secure websites; always be exploring new and innovative ways to get the job done
- Create highly customized WordPress themes from scratch with the design team
- Write code with a mobile-first design philosophy
- Code review and handling merge requests from other developers
- Guide and mentor junior. developers to provide viable solutions to problems
- Create and customize WordPress and WooCommerce plugins to meet business requirements
- Modularize and break down a sophisticated system for long term maintenance and ongoing flexibility
- Work closely with Marketing Operations Lead on scope and direction of projects
- Ensure that all projects meet the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR), and other regulatory and data governance requirements
- Hands-on experience in developing customer-facing web sites with PHP; hands-on experience in advanced WooCommerce e-commerce development platform will be a plus
- Payment gateway options and ramifications resulting from global trade
- Full stack LAMP/LEMP management
- Solid understanding of MVC
- Using Git to collaborate with a team of programmers
- Testing and deploying code updates to live WordPress-driven marketplaces
- Experience in designing database schemas and efficient SQL queries
- Willing to learn and able to work independently
- 3-5+ years building a variety of e-commerce websites
- Post Secondary Education in computer science, web design, or related is required
- WCAG 2.0 AA compliance
- RESTful services – DevOps
- Cloud computing platforms such as gCloud or AWS
- Working with digital marketers
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can submit current resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate position title in the subject line. Please provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Selected applicants will receive written correspondence with respect to this job posting, directly to the provided email address.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and Lenbrook’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please make any such needs known in advance. This job description is subject to change at the discretion of Management.