Lenbrook isn’t just another job — it’s a career. For more than 40 years, Lenbrook International has been on an incredible journey – to bring high resolution audio to every household through meaningful technological innovations and beautifully designed products. Our brands NAD (NADelectronics.com) and PSB (PSBspeakers.com) are leaders in high-end audio, and we have been turning heads with Bluesound, our wireless, multi-room audio streaming product (Bluesound.com). Lenbrook believes in rewarding outstanding work, developing employees’ careers and building long-term relationships with our customers. Its fun, supportive, competitive and a great place to grow your career.
The Embedded Systems Developer will have the exciting opportunity to contribute to our industry-leading consumer audio-visual hardware and software products. Their efforts will contribute directly to the quality of the customer’s experience on consumer electronics products with worldwide distribution. This position is currently remote but will likely be a hybrid model in the future with frequent visits to our Pickering head office.
A Day in the Life: Software & Hardware development for custom electronic embedded systems.
- Develop product system software on microcontroller and ARM based processors.
- Debug and test prototype electronic hardware prototypes.
- Implementing software device drivers and other low-level software on embedded systems
- Provide weekly project status reports to team leader
- Work productively with external software contractors, quality assurance, graphics and Technical support teams
- Work with contract manufacturers in Asia to during Product development phase
- Occasional domestic and oversea travel may be required.
- Other related duties as required
You Bring to the Team:
- 1-3 years of experience developing real-time microcontroller systems in C
- Able to read, interpret and understand electronic schematics
- Familiarity with SPI, I2C HDMI, USB, DDR3, SATA, eSATA and SDIO, I2S, I2C and SPI and Linux
- Knowledge/Experience of signal processing is an advantage
- Working experience with source control systems such as GIT Lab
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Must have good communication skills
- Experience of using test equipment (Digital oscilloscopes, DMM, etc) and basic soldering skills
- Experience with troubleshooting problems and debugging complex embedded system software
- Ability to code with C , C++, Java , knowledge of Linux , use of Desktop PC/Linux environments
- Demonstrated capability writing low-level software on Microcontrollers
- Experience writing and testing production quality software in a team environment
- Design and development of software for audio/video is an advantage
- Basic use of schematic software such as PADS, OrCad an advantage but not necessary
- Interest in High Resolution Audio and Streaming Audio definitely an advantage
- Familiarity and interest in relevant technologies for streaming media, Internet radio and music services
- Knowledge of digital audio formats: AAC, WMA, WMA-L, FLAC, ALAC, MP3
How to Apply: Qualified candidates can submit current resumes directly to email@example.com. Please indicate position title in the subject line. Please provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Selected applicants will receive written correspondence with respect to this job posting, directly to the provided email address.
We’ve got you covered: We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage, vacation time and more
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and Lenbrook’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please make any such needs known in advance.