Lenbrook isn’t just another job — it’s a career. For more than 40 years, Lenbrook International has been on an incredible journey – to bring high resolution audio to every household through meaningful technological innovations and beautifully designed products. Our brands NAD (NADelectronics.com) and PSB (PSBspeakers.com) are leaders in high-end audio, and we have been turning the wireless, multi-room audio streaming market on its head with Bluesound (bluesound.com), Bluesound Professional (BluesoundProfessional.com), and BluOS (BluOS.net). Lenbrook believes in rewarding outstanding work, developing employees’ careers, and building long-term relationships with our customers. Its fun, supportive, competitive and a great place to grow your career.
The AV Technician role will contribute directly to the quality of product design and development of innovative Audio electronics for Stereo amplifiers, Audio Video Receivers (AVRs) and High-Resolution Audio Network Streaming products. This position works across all Lenbrook brands and products. The ideal candidate will be highly self motivated, able to work independently, and have with strong analytical and critical thinking skills. This position is located at our Head office in Pickering, Ontario and reports directly to the Vice President, Product Development & Manufacturing.
- Detailed evaluation of products from Engineering to final Production samples, including functional evaluations, measurements, as required.
- Modifications and changes to products as required (from either the lab or the factories)
- Perform detailed data measurements of all Lenbrook brand products to check against target specifications.
- Build and modify prototype circuits for the Development team.
- Perform failure analysis of products and work with QC team to improve product reliability.
- Setting up AV/Stereo systems for audio listening evaluation and for demonstrations.
- Assist Spare Parts department as necessary and preapproved by Supervisor.
- This position requires working on several projects simultaneously.
- Other related duties as required to support the department goals.
- Technologist Certificate in electronics or equivalent
- Minimum experience of 5 years working in the Consumer Audio field with testing and setup of Stereo Amplifiers, Audio Power Amplifiers, AV Receivers and knowledge of Streaming audio products is an advantage.
- Basic Knowledge of A/V, stereo, and Streaming audio products an advantage
- Basic understanding of digital and analog electronics ability to read schematics is required.
- Practical experience in the servicing of Audio and Video equipment is an asset but not necessary.
- Knowledge and understanding of Audio and Video technical specifications and standards.
- Ability to debug prototype electronics with an aptitude for creative solutions.
- Familiarity with test equipment such as Audio Precision, Digital meters, Video test equipment, oscilloscopes. Proficiency at soldering, especially surface mounted components.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of electronic Schematic Capture CAD packages such as PADS, Altium, would be an advantage but not necessary.
- Flexible team player, excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to multi task and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
We’ve got you covered:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage, vacation time and more.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can submit current resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Please provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Selected applicants may receive written correspondence with respect to this job posting, directly to the provided email address.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and Lenbrook’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please make any such needs known in advance.
Thank you to all applicants. We will contact only those selected for an interview.