Lenbrook International is on an incredible journey – to bring high resolution audio to every household through meaningful technological innovations and beautifully designed products. For over 40 years, our brands NAD (NADelectronics.com) and PSB (PSBspeakers.com) have been leaders in high-end audio, and more recently we have been turning the wireless, multi-room audio streaming market on its head with Bluesound (Bluesound.com).
Lenbrook is looking for an experienced Android software developer to build and improve the Control Apps that control the advanced High Definition Audio streaming media devices running our own proprietary BluOS system. The ideal applicant would enjoy the opportunity and challenge of developing sophisticated and reliable applications, with fantastic ease-of-use within Lenbrook’s highly competitive consumer electronics market. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Development & Manufacturing and is located at our head office in Pickering, Ontario.
A day in the life:
- Maintain and enhance existing industry-leading Android applications as part of the development team.
- Work with a RESTful APIs, consuming either XML or JSON.
- Work with the UI/UX designer to maintain uniformity in the apps.
- Work with the QA team for testing and addressing bugs and issues.
- Follow-up on maintenance and support issues with an international technical support team.
- Work with Git and GitLab for issues, code reviews and versioning.
- Meet challenging software delivery schedules to maintain market competitiveness and relevance.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
What you bring to the team:
- 5+ years software development experience in a professional environment.
- 3+ years developing native Android applications.
- Great communication skills and a problem-solving mindset
- Independent gathering of requirements and creating maintainable and (unit/component/integration) tested solutions.
- Published one or more recognized apps on Google Play.
- Good understanding of:
- The Android SDK, architecture components and underlying platform APIs.
- Common software design patterns and principles (SOLID / Clean architecture)
- Reactive programming patterns with RxJava
- The Java and Kotlin programming languages
- Git and git process knowledge like merge requests, rebasing, branching, etc.
- Understanding of the following topics would be an advantage but is not necessary.
- Streaming audio
- Knowledge of iOS Apps
- GitLab and GitLab CI/CD
We’ve got you covered: We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage, vacation time and more.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates can submit current resumes directly to email@example.com. Please indicate position title in the subject line. Please provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Selected applicants will receive written correspondence with respect to this job posting, directly to the provided email address.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and Lenbrook’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please make any such needs known in advance.
Thank you to all applicants. We will contact only those selected for an interview.