Lenbrook isn’t just another job — it’s a career. For more than 40 years we’ve been a leader in high-end audio and distributor of specialty consumer brands. Lenbrook believes in rewarding outstanding work, developing employees’ careers and building long-term relationships with our customers. Its fun, supportive, competitive and a great place to grow your career.
At our Pickering location we are looking for an Accounts Payable Administrator to join our dynamic team. This role is primarily responsible for processing all accounts payable transactions and preparation of all accounts payable payments. The ideal applicant would enjoy the challenge of a broad range of responsibilities. They will be a self-motivated with sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills. This hands-on position is an excellent opportunity for growth and advancement and reports to the VP, Finance and Operations.
A day in the life….
- Process all accounts payable transactions ensuring accurate approvals, coding, currencies, entities.
- Reviews evidence of each payment request for internal control and tax requirement, resolves discrepancies and issues.
- Match and verify accuracy of invoices with purchase orders.
- Ensure appropriate approvals are received for invoices prior to system entry.
- Performs expense allocation for each payment for managerial report purpose.
- Reconcile vendor accounts and address vendor inquiries; maintain good relationship with vendors.
- Prepare and issue payments by cheque, wire, and EFT.
- Take initiative to resolve issues that arise on assigned tasks and projects and present resolution ideas to management.
- Support month end process and external audits.
- Review and process staff expense reports.
- New vendor set-up in the accounting system.
- Closing off/filing online, the month end Corporate taxes.
- Assist with training new staff.
- Physical Inventory counts.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its customers.
- Other related AP duties as assigned.
What you bring to the team….
- Post Secondary Education in Accounting or related field.
- 5+ years direct experience in an A/P capacity, preferably in an international company.
- Must be proficient with MS Excel on V-look Up and Pivot table functions.
- Experience with NetSuite and/or Epicor would be an asset
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently, self-starter.
- Ability to work confidently in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results-oriented corporate environment where a high degree of flexibility is required. Provide quality of work including speed and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
This job description is subject to change at the discretion of Management
We’ve got you covered.…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage, vacation time and more.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can submit current resumes, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Selected applicants may receive written correspondence with respect to this job posting, directly to the provided email address.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and Lenbrook’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please make any such needs known in advance.
Thank you to all applicants. We will contact only those selected for an interview