Technical Support Analyst -
File # 615
This exciting career opportunity requires an intermediate technology support professional to help new customers enjoy a premium consumer electronics product. This Pickering based position requires experienced hands-on technical ability with computer networking technology, and patience dealing directly with non-technical end-customers. Streaming media technology for the consumer market is a definite asset.
- Analyze, install, configure, deploy and test home networking hardware, media devices, peripherals and personal computers on a personal home network operating environment
- Provide guidance and training to customers in resolving problems and queries
- Help Desk support acting as first point of contact in all computer hardware, software & telecommunications
- Report failures and trends to product development staff, for resolving problems
- Maintain the operational integrity of existing computer network environments and components in conjunction with members of the server management team
- Monitor and maintain technical issues in an existing database to track progress and accumulate knowledge base of new technology
- Create and update technical and user documentation including online knowledge base articles
- Diagnoses streaming device problems and coordinates the warranty replacement or part replacement
- Provide courteous, friendly and professional customer support when dealing consumer facing assistance
- Willingness to work flexible hours such as shift work or provide on-call/afterhours support when required
- Evaluate field test samples
- Other Related Duties as required
- Technical degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with supporting end-customers across common desktop and mobile computing platforms (PC / Mac / Linux / Android / iPad / iPhone / Blackberry)
- Solid track record of helping novice computer users both understand and enjoy new software and computer technology in an end-customer facing environment
- Experience with streaming media, internet radio and emerging audio cloud service technologies
- Experience with consumer electronics or professional audio equipment
- Experience with troubleshooting problems and debugging software
- Fluent with MS Word, Access and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability in a professional environment
- Empathetic understanding of non technical consumers when dealing with technology issues
- Understand the importance of confidentiality in new product development
- Knowledge of digital audio formats: AAC, WMA, WMA-L, FLAC, ALAC, MP3
- Passionate and driven toward product reliability and quality
- Demonstrated ability to setup and maintain computer hardware and wireless networks
- Hands on experience with A/V receivers, amplifiers and speakers
- Ability to read and understand electronic schematic layouts
- Familiarity with Zendesk Help Center software
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can submit current resumes, quoting file # 615, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Selected applicants may receive written correspondence with respect to this job posting, directly to the provided email address.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and Lenbrook’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please make any such needs known in advance.
Thank you to all applicants. We will contact only those selected for an interview.
© 2016 Lenbrook Inc.