Technical Support Analyst
Lenbrook isn’t just another job — it’s a career. For more than 40 years we’ve been a leader in high-end audio and distributor of specialty consumer brands. Lenbrook believes in rewarding outstanding work, developing employees’ careers and building long-term relationships with our customers. Its fun, supportive, competitive and a great place to grow your career.
At our Pickering location we are looking for a Technical Support Analyst to join our dynamic team.
This role is primarily responsible for helping new customers enjoy a premium consumer electronics product. The ideal applicant would have hands-on technical experience with consumer home networking technology, and patience dealing directly with non-technical end-customers. They would enjoy the challenge of a broad range of responsibilities. Streaming media technology for the consumer market is a definite asset.
A day in the life….
- Analyze, install, configure, deploy and test home networking hardware, media devices, peripherals and personal computers on a personal home network operating environment
- Provide guidance and training to customers in resolving problems and queries
- Help Desk support acting as first point of contact in all computer hardware, software & telecommunications
- Report failures and trends to product development staff, for resolving problems
- Maintain the operational integrity of existing computer network environments and components in conjunction with members of the server management team
- Monitor and maintain technical issues in an existing database to track progress and accumulate knowledge base of new technology
- Create and update technical and user documentation including online knowledge base articles
- Diagnoses streaming device problems and coordinates the warranty replacement or part replacement
- Provide courteous, friendly and professional customer support when dealing consumer facing assistance
- Willingness to work flexible hours such as shift work or provide on-call/afterhours support when required
- Evaluate field test samples
- Extended hours required occasionally – seasonal, weekends
What you bring to the team….
- Technical degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with supporting end-customers across common desktop and mobile computing platforms (PC / Mac / Linux / Android / iPad / iPhone / Blackberry)
- Empathetic understanding of non-technical consumers when dealing with technology issues
- Experience with streaming media, internet radio and emerging audio cloud service technologies
- Hands on experience with consumer electronics or audio equipment. (A/V receivers, amplifiers and speakers)
- Experience with troubleshooting problems and debugging software
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability in a professional environment
- Understand the importance of confidentiality in new product development
- Knowledge of digital audio formats: AAC, WMA, WMA-L, FLAC, ALAC, MP3
- Passionate and driven toward product reliability and quality
- Demonstrated ability to setup and maintain computer hardware and wireless networks
- Familiarity with Zendesk Help Center software
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can submit current resumes, quoting file #627 directly to email@example.com
Please provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Selected applicants may receive written correspondence with respect to this job posting, directly to the provided email address.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and Lenbrook’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please make any such needs known in advance. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
Thank you to all applicants. We will contact only those selected for an interview.