Embedded Systems Developer
File # 625
Lenbrook International is on an incredible journey – to bring high resolution audio to every household through meaningful technological innovations and beautifully designed products. For over 40 years, our brands NAD (NADelectronics.com) and PSB (PSBspeakers.com) have been leaders in high-end audio, and more recently we have been turning the wireless, multi-room audio streaming market on its head with Bluesound (Bluesound.com).
The Embedded Systems Developer will have the exciting opportunity to contribute to our industry-leading consumer audio-visual hardware and software products. Their efforts will contribute directly to the quality of the customer’s experience on consumer electronics products with worldwide distribution. This position reports directly to the Director of Development & Manufacturing.
Responsibilities: Software & Hardware development for custom electronic embedded systems.
- Develop product system software with the appropriate processors ( ARM, microcontroller, DSP)
- Design, debug and test of prototype electronic hardware
- Experience with bringing up and troubleshooting real-time hardware systems and prototypes
- Implementing software device drivers and other low-level software on embedded systems
- Provide weekly project status reports to team leader
- Work productively with software contractors, quality assurance, graphics and support teams
- Assume responsibility for the correct design, implementation and successful compliance testing of various interfaces including HDMI, USB, DDR3, SATA, eSATA and SDIO, I2S, I2C and SPI
- Work with contract manufacturers in Asia to facilitate design implementation
- Occasional domestic and oversea travel may be required.
- Other duties as required
- Completion of Computer Science or Electrical Engineering degree
- Experience of using test equipment (Digital oscilloscopes, DMM, etc) and basic soldering skills
- Experience with troubleshooting problems and debugging complex embedded system software
- Capable in a minimum of two of the following programming languages:, C, Java, C++, Perl
- Demonstrated capability writing low-level software on Linux and other embedded operating systems
- Significant experience writing and testing production quality software in a team environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and software quality while meeting tight manufacturing schedules
- Ability to perform diagnostic and investigation based on limited information
- Design and development of software for audio/video is an advantage
- Knowledge or use of schematic design software such as PADS, OrCad an advantage
- Minimum of three years development experience with desktop environments (PC / Mac / Linux)
- Familiarity and interest in relevant technologies for streaming media, Internet radio and music services
- Knowledge of digital audio formats: AAC, WMA, WMA-L, FLAC, ALAC, MP3
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can submit current resumes, quoting file # 625, directly to email@example.com
Please provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Selected applicants may receive written correspondence with respect to this job posting, directly to the provided email address.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and Lenbrook’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please make any such needs known in advance.
Thank you to all applicants. We will contact only those selected for an interview.