Android Mobile Developer
File # 629
Lenbrook International is on an incredible journey – to bring high resolution audio to every household through meaningful technological innovations and beautifully designed products. For over 40 years, our brands NAD (NADelectronics.com) and PSB (PSBspeakers.com) have been leaders in high-end audio, and more recently we have been turning the wireless, multi-room audio streaming market on its head with Bluesound (Bluesound.com).
Lenbrook is looking for an experienced Android software developer to build and maintain the Control Apps that control the advanced High Definition Audio streaming media devices running our own proprietary BluOS system. The ideal applicant would enjoy the opportunity and challenge of developing sophisticated and reliable applications, with fantastic ease-of-use within Lenbrook’s highly competitive consumer electronics market. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Development & Manufacturing.
- Maintain and enhance existing industry-leading Android applications
- Develop the Control Apps from concept to final release as part of the Development team
- Work with the QA team to submit App to Google Play stores
- Work with database models and APIs
- Work to maintain uniformity in design and palettes
- Commit software updates to the GIT repository
- Follow-up on maintenance and support issues with an international technical support team
- Meet aggressive software delivery schedules to maintain market competitiveness and relevance
- Other related duties, as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years software development experience in a professional environment
- 3+ years developing native Android applications
- Familiarity with Android SDKs
- Solid knowledge of BLE
- Detailed understanding of distributed applications and real-time, low latency control software Apps
- Understand Android design patterns and underlying platform APIs
- Published one or more recognized apps on GooglePlay
- Good working knowledge of GIT would be an asset
- Understanding of streaming audio would be an advantage, but is not necessary
- Knowledge of iOS Apps would be an advantage
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can submit current resumes, quoting file # 629, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Selected applicants may receive written correspondence with respect to this job posting, directly to the provided email address.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and Lenbrook’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please make any such needs known in advance.
Thank you to all applicants. We will contact only those selected for an interview.